Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

giovedì 31 marzo 2011

Day 2: Mexico Border-Tijuana, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and Balboa Island

This was definitely a great day!
Josh and I left LA around 9ish and drove til the Mexican border. Everybody told us not to go - because apparently it's pretty dangerous -, but yeah, I really wanted to see the beginning of Mexico:)

For what I could see, the difference between California and Mexico (Tijuana) was pretty distinct: on the US side things were still pretty ordered and organized, whereas on the Mexico side I could see soooo many houses everywhere. The whole Mexican territory was overcrowded!Woo!
What I liked the most though was the HUGE Mexican flag waving wight in the middle of Tijuana. 
How I wish I could have gone there! Josh's passport was expired - unfortunately - so we had to stay on the US side.
Anyways, another thing that I noticed was the strict control applied especially to all people and cars coming from Mexico to the United States. The queue to get into Mexico from California was flowing, on the other hand the queue to come to California was endless. 

After spending a reasonable time in the zone, Josh and I headed to Laguna Beach. And that was incredible! Both of us thought it was somehow "homy", a small high class village! We stopped on the beach for a while - it was freezing haha - and seriously, the house on the top of the cliff looking at the Pacific Ocean one day WILL BE MINE! Muahahha!
Oh dear, that was amazing. Really amazing.

Back on the road, we headed to Newport Beach, my dream since I got to California (Yes, I admit it, it's because of the TV show The OC, yes...oh come on, can you blame me!??:P). And...yes, what to say....I LOVED IT! Even higher class than Laguna (from our point of view) and full of crazyyyy houses...and with "crazy" I mean "AWESOME"! And most of the houses closed to the port had their own pier right in front of the entrance. Seriously, "Bye honey, I'll go sailing for half an hour around the Californian islandssss!"...yeahhh O_O
From there, we took a ferry to visit Balboa Peninsula, a tiny and cosy peninsula right in front of Balboa island...sooo nice! Josh bought a frozen banana and we enjoyed it next to the colorful feris wheel. Lifestyle was slower, much slower than downtown LA. Everybody seemed to be calm and relaxed, the atmosphere was really nice:)
So yes, I finally realized my dream to see the places of my favorite TV show haha:)

Afterwards, we drove back home, through amazing hills and cuddled by the sunset's tint.


C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento