Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

martedì 21 dicembre 2010

Day 4: From Nebraska to Kansas and Missouri

 After leaving an amazing house and a great family found thanks to Couchsurfing.com (Jamie, the host, prepared pancakes for us this morning..niceee!), we went back on the road.

It took us about three hours and a half to get to Kansas City, and fortunately we found a really good weather.

The scenery was totally different from the one we passed through South Dakota and Nebraska: No more white mountains, no more snow, but more open fields and signs celebrating Jesus.
I knew the Mid-West was really religious, and today I had that confirmation :)




Arrived in Kansas City, we parked the car close to downtown (it was the first time for us to see such a weird and old-fashioned parking meter, so we decided to analyze it....but someone saw us from the offices next to the parking and started yelling "I call the police...I CALL THE POLICE!!!...O_O fair enough, welcome to KS! Haha!).




 

We ate something, walked around the city for about four hours, we saw huge skyscrapers, nice fountains and creepy tunnels...like movies ;)




After a nice afternoon, we went back on the car ready to get to St.Louis.
And here we are, Dear Missouri :)
Tomorrow morning we're going to visit the city and in the afternoon we'll drive to Illinois, ready to visit for four days one of the most amazing cities in the US: Chicago!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento