Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

giovedì 31 marzo 2011

Day 4: Chino, Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood Sign, Beverly Hills, UCLA, Bel Air, Hollywood Boulevard, Universal Studios, Encino!

Sooo our last day in LA has been a blast! In the morning we woke up early and we drove through Chino (GUESS WHY.....?!The O.C., OF COURSE! ;)).
Our first stop has been LA downtown, which was extremely surprising compared to the first time I saw it. Completely another feeling.

We saw many business suits, you can totally say that it's a business center! The weather was awesome and the skyscrapers stood out. I really liked all the buildings in that area, specifically around the Disney Opera House. And wow, so many fire escapes like in movies haha!

Around Noon Josh and I took a street to get as close as possible to the Hollywood sign. The neighborhood was veeeery pretty, so many awesome houses and the landscape was woodsy and flowery! We got very close to the sign and we clearly took a hundred pictures under it ;)
Sooo cool, I can't wait to go back there!

Right after that we headed to the Sunset Boulevard, reaching Beverly Hills. Such a prettyyyy area, oh my God....! And pretty expensive too! It was full of famous brands, especially close to Rodeo Dr.

Our next stop was UCLA (University California Los Angeles). This university has been used as set for several tv shows and movies, since it appears as the typical American college environment. The campus is great, very huge and full of green. One of the most popular site is the Powell library, which is right in front of the Royce building.
Requirements to get into this college are very high, and if you happen to visit you'll understand why!

And now - my favorite part!!!We drove up to Bel Air drive (which is really close to UCLA) for thirty minutes, and we got to the end of it. Houses there are U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!
Not to be repetitive, but you know what you see in movies!??? THAT'S IT!!!OH MY GOD!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! Josh and I already decided a couple of options that we'd like to consider for a future purchase. Haaaaaaaahaha. SURE!
The "old money" of LA, musicians, artists, politicians, actors, movie stars filled up Bel Air. Stereotype talks.
"New money": Newport, Laguna, San Bernardino, Escondido, San Fernando Valley...:)

Afterwards we had a great, romantic and intimate meal at In n Out (sitting in the parking lot), right before visiting the Chinese Theater, Kodak Theater and Hollywood Boulevard! We went to get a T-shirt at the Hard Rock Cafe (I'm such a turist -.-), I took a picture in front of the Kodak Theater (heart heart heart),  and there we also met Jenny and Cat - who told us that also the rest of the I-House crew was around!
We decided to meet them in front of the Chinese Theater and again, I took another picture with my beloved Johnny Depp haha! (see Thanksgiving)

Our last stop before heading to Encino (at Josh's auntie's house, Margie) was the Universal Studios! A kind parking guard allowed us to get into the parking for free (because it was very late!), and we went to see the entrance of the park. Yeah, the famous globe is right there ;) I wish I spent more time there, and the next time I'll definitely go visit the whole park!!
Ahhh, I can't even explain how much I love movies!

..After such a long day, we went to bed around midnight, ready to wake up at 4.30 to head back to SJ ;)

...Waw, I really love Los Angeles:)


C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento