Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

giovedì 30 dicembre 2010

Day 13: From Massachusset through Connecticut to...New York!

Today we arrived in New York around 1pm.  The drive to NYC was okay, just some traffic while we were getting closer to downtown. I was really excited to finally see The City, and I also immediately texted my friends who live here. I really hope I'll manage to meet them :)

My crew and I drove straight to the hotel we booked in Queens, parked the car, set our stuff and got ready to exploit our first day in the Big Apple!

,
Statue of Libery - NYC
We took the subway to the Statute of Liberty, but OBVIOUSLY we arrived when it was too late. We couldn't visit it, but we managed to take some good shots anyways ;)
It was really emotional to see it from a close point of view, it was not a movie anymore.

After that we randomly visited the downtown, and we ended up in the Financial Distric...haha, Wall Street! There were so many people, it was difficult to move around...but yes, really enjoyable!

It got dark very soon, and the lights started creating that famous magical atmosphere...:)
We went to eat a "recommended" pizza (thanks to Jamie and Ace apparently...!?) and..yes, it was okay.

After that I heard from my best friend, Ka-Wing, who was having dinner with his friends near the Brooklyin Bridge. I really wanted to see him, so Jenny came with me to meet him. And (finally) we left the guys alone. Hahah.


Ka-Wing and I !
Got to the Uno Chicago Grill, I was really excited! I coulnd't wait to see him! And..he actually surprised me because he was waiting for me hidden somewhere! So nice to seeing him again, from Edinburgh to New York after 7 months!




So tired right now, getting ready to continue exploring this huge city tomorrow!



C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento