Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

giovedì 6 gennaio 2011

Day 18: Washington DC..and then long drive through Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia...!

Yesterday I didn't manage to update the blog since last night we started our long drive to Miami.

During the day we visited Washintong DC, the US capital. The city is really sophisticated, full of museums and monuments.
We first visited the National Gallery: I got to see the amazing Ginevra de' Benci, by Leonardo da Vinci. Pretty good to see it in person. The gallery was really rich of good paintings and sculptures, it was a shame we had to leave so early.

Afterwards we went right in front of Capitol Hill, a really massive and impressive building. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill . Since there was a pretty good weather, we managed to fully enjoy the scenerey :)


We couldn't miss the George Washington monument, so that has been our next stop. Definitely huge. And the obelisk's prick stood from the bluse sky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument


We also visited the Lincoln Monument, another symbol of Washington DC. Soo many steps, a great view and a huge Lincoln's statue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Memorial

Last but not least, we went to see the White House! http://www.whitehouse.gov/ I actually expected it to be a bit...umm...bigger?? Poor Obama....haha! Anyways, I'd spend some time there if I could :P


Around 5 we went to eat something, ready to begin the looong overnight drive to Miami. And...ahh...our guys have been amazing! They drove for about 20 hours and the morning after we got to Miami. They had an average of five-hours drive each, then the shift changed. Pretty tiring, also for Jenny and I. But yes, here we are Miami!


C.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento