Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

venerdì 12 agosto 2011

San Francisco: Alcatraz, Golden Gate and a "See You Later"

Today has been an awesome day. Despite the fact that it's my last day here in California, Bay Area, I'm very happy. I spent a wonderful day with my wonderful boyfriend, exploring Alcatraz (go visit it, totally worth it! The website that I've put there is definitely the best one for cruises around and on the island/jail) and enjoying San Francisco:)

In the morning, after missing our ship (woops...), we got to the island about an hour later. We visited the jail itself, all the rooms (and I was personally really excited since Alcatraz has been set of MAAAANY films..The Rock, just to mention one. Aww). The atmosphere was very creepy, especially if you think that the scariest personalities have been there. Yeah, also the fluffy unicorn. I mean, the fluffy Al Capone. Hahah). Rooms are sooo freaking small, I'd totally freak out after one hour inside there. Okay that I'm a homy person (kind of), but being so relegate must be incredibly frustrating.  If my freedom was taken away, there would no longer be any reason to live.

We spent the whole morning til about 2 o'clock (I think), then we moved back to the mainland. We immediately headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. The goal was to cross it (despite the polar weather), and so we did.
A roundtrip took us like 40 minutes, it was freezing cool and foggy....but it was sooooo cool!!!! We also earned a great sunset B-)

Afterwards, we headed back to the car (completely frozen), and we headed to a healthy In'n'Out, awww, I'm gonna miss that so freaking bad!!!
Josh also wanted to get some awesome donuts, and I got the one with cream inside. How a great way to end my American exchange ahah ;)

And now I'm here, wondering how to fit all my stuff in the luggage. Seriously, people. A year abroad in the US, with a favorable exchange rate Euro-Dollar. How the hell am I gonna bring back all this stuff?
I guess I'll have to ask Josh to deliver something hehe:)

Well, folk...what to say. Time to sleep.
See you all in Europe!!!:')

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento