Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

mercoledì 22 dicembre 2010

Day 5: From Missouri to Illinois

Sooo this morning we woke up in Missouri, in our amazing two-stars room! After 30 minutes argument about whether to take our baggage out from the window or from the door (kill me now!), we went back on the road, ready to discover St. Louis.

After about an our, we got there. On the way to the city I noticed so many nice neighborhood, tiny and cosy houses that made me realize that that was exactly the stereotype that I had stuck on my head about houses in the US. Yeah, probably I watched "Home Alone" way too many times hah!
As soon as we  get off from the car - dazed as usual due to the music during the drive ;) - the freezing cold started eating us! Damn! That was....AHHH! O_O I really think I'll invest some money in a pair of glowes. Soon!


Our first stop would have been the Gateway Arch, icon of St. Louis City. That was HUGE! We went to the top - so this means that we survived to the claustrophobic experience of the 5-seats elevator! - til 650 feet!
We could see the whole city and that was pretty nice!

Back to the groundfloor, we visited the museum and afterwards we left the building.
Next stop: Budwiser manufacturing! It was really nice to see it, it looks like a theme park inside. Such a shame I don't like beer though! :P

As our last stop in St.Louis. we visited Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site ( http://cahokiamounds.org/ ) - which was Ace's great idea. Yeah -.-" Hhaha it was great, the only pain was the really annoying cold!


After that, we finally headed to Illinois. And guess what...? We are now in Chicago! Yes baby, Chicago!
Roll on the 6th day!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento