Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

venerdì 24 dicembre 2010

Day 6: It's Chicago, baby!

Christmas in Chicago...this is just PERFECT!
This morning my crew and I drove to downtown Chicago around 12pm. We've been stuck in the traffic for 30 minutes, but fortunately Ace and I have been entertained by Jenny, Tom and Jamie: They sang Christmas songs for all 30 minutes...NIIIICE....(O_O). Christmas atmosphere can actually kill. Haha.

When we finally got there, we immediately realized how amazing the city was!

Our first stop was at the Millennium Park to see the The Bean, known also as Cloud Gate Sculpture. I REALLY liked it, for the sculpture itself, but also beacause of the surrounding. Simply amazing!

After that we moved to Navy Pier, where we ate something and enjoyed the Christmas atmpsphere.
When we got out of it, it was already dark..and it was magical. I loved seeing all those lights! Chicago by night is reeeaaaally romantic!!



We then decided to visit The Art Institute of Chicago (finally Tom did something useful, he found out that it'd have been free for today...haha ;)) and that was soo good!
I saw so many famous paintings, and most of them were part of my previous studies. It was pretty emotional, and I looked like a hyper-over-excited chipmunck! :P
Van Gogh, Degas, Chagall, Monet, Picasso, Gauguin, Seurat....ahhhh!!!AWESOME!


Afterwards we went back on the street, looking for another goal. The choices pissed Ace off: An amazing McDonalds 10 blocks away (by Tom), or randomly exploring the city (by Jamie) - Jenny and I were too busy looking at them arguing..haha..pure entertainment!


We ended up to do both proposals though! The McDonalds was GREEEEEAT (...)- even if we moved to the Hards Rock Cafè and to Rainforest Cafè before actually going back to the McDonalds...haha poor Tom, he was really pissed! :P (Quote of the day: Jamie"It's still three weeks and a half left..." Me: "oh, right...no, wait...isn't it two and a half!?" Jamie: "No, it's three..." Ace: "God help us!!!"....hahahah!!)


Afterwards, we went to a cosy Irish pub where Ace and Jenny got something to eat. I really like that place, it reminded me of home. Aww, Edinburgh! I miss you!


...Finally, around 11.30pm we went back to the car, ready to go back to the hotel :)


Tomorrow: Christmas shopping in Chicago! YESSS!!!


C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento