Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

sabato 25 dicembre 2010

Day 8: Christmas in Chicago

Sooo...today was Christmas:)
It was kind of weird spending it far from home, especially this year. I really wish I was at home, since there has been a difficult situation over the last two months. I was not at the top of my mood, but I tried to enjoy the day anyways.

We got to downtown around 12pm, ready to attend a Christmas service..and of course, since we are the most organized people in the world, we arrived exactly when it ended. And that was the last one. Good.

Afterwards, we decided to go and visit the popular Willis Tower, a global icon that stands tall on the Chicago skyline. The view was breathtaking and we took quite a lot of pictures. Read something more about it: http://www.willistower.com/

After that, we decided to find a warm place to stay in, since it was really freezing outside. After 30 minutes arguing about where to go - as usual - we decided to anticipate our reservation at the restaurant to drink something before the meal. The atmosphere was really tense. Then we started talking about my hate towards alcohol and things got funny again.

We had a super amazing Christmas dinner - apart from Tom, poor thing, he paid 30 bucks for a small slice of fish..haha - and Jenny and I gave them awesome gifts. Yes. Awesome.
Around 6 we left the city, heading back to the hotel.

Chicago is a really amazing city, full of attractions, shops, entertainment, nice landscapes. Also Lake Michigan looks very beautiful during winter, the atmosphere is magical. If you will ever visit it during cold months though, be sure you'll be properly dressed. It was freezing cold!

The plan for tomorrow is to get to Detroit in the early afternoon, quick city tour - Detroit is known to be one of the scariest and most dangerous places in the US, yeah O_O - and then drive to Toronto, Canada!
Hopefully the weather won't be too bad...

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento