Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

domenica 2 gennaio 2011

Day 16: Last Amazing Day in the Big Apple

Today was really...SUCCESSFUL!!!Another "girls" day, and it was amazing!

The guys left the room around 6ish to go and see the statue, and we stayed in bed for a while. Yes, also after the alarm rang-.- I carefully switched it off, swearing I'd have slept only other five minutes. Yes. Sure.
We woke up an hour later, and the plan was to meet Derek at 9.30am. And it was 8.45. Dammit!
We quickly got ready and went out to take the subway. Direction: Columbia University!

We arrived thirty minutes late (woooops.....!) and we visited the campus with Derek. It was really nice, and I totally feel for the journalism department. Arrgh, that was totally awesome, as well as the two huge libraries!

After that we got a coffee from Starbucks, because seriously...our brain was still sleeping.
Back in the subway, we set out in the direction to visit the house that used to be the set of the tv series "Friends"! It was in a really nice area and the neighbourhood was really welcoming! A woman even stopped her car because she noticed that we were kind of lost, asking where we needed to go.

Afterwards we headed to Washington Square, where we met a cute and friendly squirrel. So friendly that Derek thought he wanted to attack him -.-'

As promised before, Jenny and I wanted to visit the Met again. Derek joined us, and we got there after walking for a really long time. The visit was really worth it, once again I managed to see many famous pieces of art. The Egyptian, African and Asian areas were really impressive. Famous european names stood as usual, and I was really pleased to see one of the most beautiful of Van Gog's portraits.

After the Met, Derek and I had to say goodbye because he had to leave. Awww, I already miss him! It was so nice spending some time together, especially in a city like New York!
Jenny and I kept going with our tour, and we ended up visiting the American Museum of Natural History.

Probably thanks to good karma on us, we got in for free. After maybe ten minutes, we got lost. Jeez, that building is...umm...huge! O_O We hang around for about an hour, then we finally got back to Central Park.
My goal was to see the Balto statue, and it was a huge pain finding it! It took us maybe...an hour? Haha poor Jenny...she kept saying "What did this damn dog do...?". We finally found it - after asking for directions from at least five couples - and I was totally satisfied!

We headed then to 5th Avenue again, passed in front of the Plaza Hotel  (I grow up watchin Home Alone, yes!) and went to do some shopping. Completely wrecked, we then moved to our last stop: The Rockefeller Center!

We went up to the 70th floor, and the view was amazing! We could see the World Trade Center, Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park.. If you have the chance, visit it! In the meantime, check out the website http://www.rockefellercenter.com/

Somehow we managed to get back to the subway, passing through Times Square, and we got back home. Super tired! The 5-hours energy's effects had worn off ahah!

New York definitely touched my heart, I'm already planning to come back at some point!
Plan for tomorrow: Visiting Philadelphia and getting to Washington DC in the evening!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento