Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

domenica 9 gennaio 2011

Day 23: New Orleans: It's Time To Feel The Rhythm!

As forecasted, we arrived in New Orleans at 5ish. I didn't even notice that, because I was happily sleeping. Well, happily: Hard to be happy to sleep huddled up in such a small space. Such a bad backache -.-"

We woke up at about 9am, and we got ready for the day. It was quite a shock to wake up with such a cold weather after four days in Miami!
We first visited the Cemetery, very popular in New Orleans. We then headed to downtown, where we had a nice breakfast: eggs, potatoes and pancakes......yesss.
In the afternoon we visited the famous French Quarter: beautiful balconies, houses, pubs. The atmosphere was completely different from any other city visited so far.
Jackson Square and Burboun Street have definitely been my favourite places.

Hanging around the city I got closer to the deep tradition of this place: Everything conveys to the history of slavery and to the convergence of different cultures, a long time ago. Voodo dolls, masks, ancestor worship, religion.. I didn't think I'd have found something like that! This definitely surprised me!

After a nice afternoon spent in hanging around, we went to check-in at the hotel. With our usual routine;)
We ate a pizza in our room (Jamie and Tom went to pick it up) and we chilled for a while.
Also, Ace, Jenny and I also experienced a movie scene while Jamie and Tom were away: The heating wasn't working in our room, so Ace had the brillant idea to call the reception. And of course, they sent someone to fix it. What happened?? Since we were supposed to be just two people in the room (Ace and Jamie), Jenny and I had to hide: Myself in the toilet, Jenny in the closet.
That was hilarious.

By the way, at 9.30 we decided to leave the hotel to explore the city by night.
...SOOO AWESOME! We sat in a dark, tiny and cosy pub, listening to live jazz and drinking something. That was simply amazing! The freakiness of this city soaked into my veins!
Listening to jazz drives me crazy, especially if it's live and well played. I'd have spent the whole night in that small and crazy place.

Now we're back at the hotel, ready to catch uo with our sleep :)

Tomorrow: Ten hours drive to... Dallas, Texas!:D

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento