Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

sabato 22 gennaio 2011

San Francisco: The Dream City :)

It was not my first time in San Francisco, but everytime I visit it it's like living a dream :)

Josh and I took the train from San Jose at 9am and we arrived in San Francisco at 10.30ish. The first stop was in a cosy bar close to the train station. Maybe it was just the San Francisco atmosphere, but that hot chocolate tasted really good ;)

We walked for a wee while and we ended up in the Union Square. And everytime that massive Macy's looking at me like "Come and visit, Carlotta...Come and visit ;)"...EVIL.
Instead, we took some pictures in the square and (I) spent some money at Victoria's Secret - that's worse than drung, hell -.-

Facing the Union Square there's a very high hotel. We went in and we used its transparent elevators, til floor 32. The view was awesome. And fortunately it was also a really nice day, so we could see pretty far.

Back on the groundfloor, we headed to China Town. That was simply a mess haha...sooo many people walking, talking, buying, moving. We were actually starving, so we decided to find a nice place where to eat. And we ended up in "New Asia", a restaurant in a secondary street. Well. If you have the chance... DO NOT GO THERE!!!Jeez, the worst restaurant I've ever been in! Definitely overcrowded, bad organized and really, really, REALLY DIRTY! When our chicken arrived, we immediately noticed SEVERAL hair on the meal...I wanted to throw up.
Not longer after, we left that disgusting place and we headed to the Coit Tower. On our way, we also saw the Church of Scientology, haha...no Tom Cruise around though ;)

To get to the Coit Tower we basically had to climb SF -.- It's located up to a hill, such an effort to get there -.- , but it totally worh it. The view was amazing :) http://www.aviewoncities.com/sf/coittower.htm

Afterwards, we moved to the bay. We got to the Pier 39. Josh got a huge ice-cream, I had fun watching the sea lions playing. Really close to the pier there are so many shops, so I managed to spend some money. Shit -.- Hella cool though haha:)


After visiting the Chocolate Ghirardelli Factory - they give free samples away, go there! - we headed to the Italian area. Little Italy is really nice in SF, full of nice pubs and restaurants, lights and people :) Definitaly better than the one in NYC!

On our way back we passed again through Cina Town and Union Square (again on the elevator, by night was definitely amazing!) and as last stop we went up to the top of Macy's, awesome!

Back at the train station, we waited for our train to San Jose :)
It was such a nice day, San Francisco makes me always very happy. It's definitely my favourite city in the US :)

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento