Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

lunedì 10 gennaio 2011

Day 24: From Louisiana to Texas: Dallas and Wichita Falls

Incredibly, this morning we managed to leave as scheduled. By 8.15am we were already leaving New Orleans.
Since then, WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN TRAVELLING! It has been a pretty tiring day, mainly spent singing, sleeping, watching outside the window. And it was great because we never got lost. Haha.

I actually really enjoyed the drive through Texas, it was exactly like movies portrait it! Wide lands, some farms, dry grass, ranches... Sooo good! And creepy ;)

During our drive we watched the movie "American Psycho", just to relax O_O
When we got to Dallas, around 8pm, we discussed about it, sitting in a characteristic restaurant and eating burgers and steaks :)

Afterwards, we headed to downtown Dallas, which I really enjoyed. It seemed pretty sad and gloomy actually, not so many people around, not so many lights or things to do (that's why someone previously suggested us to visit Hudson or San Antonio). But probably because of that weird atmosphere, I kind of liked it. I wish I could have visited it during the day, but it's okay. I'll be back.

On the road again, we set the GPS to Wichita Falls. Before getting here, we also passed through a town called "Scotland", which was pretty funny. Jamie and I were quite excited, but we didn't manage to find a sign to take a picture with :/

Anyways, after four looong hours drive we got to Wichita Falls. We are spending here the night, and tomorrow we'll head to Santa Fe, where we'll meet another friend of ours, Jamie (yes, another Jamie!).
He'll drive back to California with us - and believe me - it's going to be a big challenge: The car is totally packed and there's no even room for us...Haha, I really start missing my room! :P

...Santa Fe, here we come!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento