Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

martedì 11 gennaio 2011

Day 25: From Texas through Oklahoma to New Mexico!

This morning has been sooo difficult to wake up and leave our warm beds.
It was really cold, plus we were still very tired. But the day had to start! We got ready and also ate something for breakfast (free breakfast has become a V.I.P. stuff haha).
After that, we put all our baggage back in the car and we left Wichita Falls.

The goal was to eat in a really characteristic Texan place, so we set our GPS on Amarillo: we would have eaten at "The Big Texan Ranch"! Considering the time zone, we got there at 12.30pm. That place looked amazing! A real Texan place - saloons, small old style hotels and.. the big steak competition! 72oz Steak!
If you get to eat it in an hour, you'll get it for free! If you won't...you'll pay 72 bucks haha :P http://www.bigtexan.com/

We got a pretty nice meal, and after chilling for a while we went back on the road...on the Route 66, baybe!
After I don't remember how long, I started needed the toilet. But jeez, we were exactly in The Middle of Nowhere O_O Just trees, bushes and hills. CRAP. After like an hour of "thinking about something else", we finally found a gas station. The typical "horror movie gas station". Fine. We asked if there was a toilet, and the man said "Yes, but it's 2 dollars". DONE. I'd have paied also $20 for a toilet ahah! So he gave me the key...and I what i found was completely the most disgustingly dirty toilet EVER. Plus I couldn't flush, and not even the sink worked. YEAAHHH =_=


Anyways, since I was pretty terrified I ran back to the car and we headed again to Santa Fe.
During the drive we saw an amazing sunset, awesome colors and amazing landscape. Magical!


We arrived in Santa Fe at around 6.45 and we met up with Jamie! So nice to see him. He also gave us a name for a place where to stay ovenight - Couchsurfing again ;) - and we decided to meet up tomorrow.
Before getting to the house, we ate something in a tiny restaurant (in the first restaurant they asked us for IDs...shite!) and we briefly visited Santa Fe by night. Really pretty, in my opinion :)


Got the the house, we met our host family and we had a long chat with them. Really friendly and welcoming people!


..Tomorrow we'll visit Santa Fe and then we'll head to Albuqurque! We'll then have an ovenight drive til the Monument Valley and then Gand Canyon. After that....VEGAS!
I'm not sure I'll manage to update the blog in the next two days, I'll do it as soon as possible anyways!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento