Living in a Dream - or Living in a Movie?

I'm opening my eyes. I'm opening my mind. I'm now a Citizen of the World. Italy, Scotland and California have given - and are still giving me - the chance to see the World from other points of view; Points of view made of different smiles, ideas, religions and values. Simply amazing to learn how to deal with all of that.

lunedì 3 gennaio 2011

Day 17: From NYC through New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia to Washington DC!

This morning we left the Big Apple after four amazing days. We managed to follow the schedule so the day began in a good mood - Finally!:)
It's getting harder and harder to get on well easily, but it's pretty normal considering that we are together 24/7.

So, we left the city around 8 and we drove to Philadelphia. We got there around 12pm and we parked the car right next to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Unfortunately it was closed - Tom and Jamie thanked God for sparing them though! - so we just took a couple of pictures in front of it.
Anyways, this museum is pretty popular for being the well-known set of the movie Rocky: The famous scene were he ran up to the stairs and rised his arm up was set exactly there! http://chucksconnection.com/rocky.html

After that, we went to visit the Philadelphia City Hall: Really impressive! I really like the building, it definitely confirmed my idea of the east-coast style.
We then walked along a street for a while, nosed around a 90% sale shop (great-.-) and visited the Liberty Bell. Read something about it, the facts are really interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Bell

Around 3pm we ate something in a tiny place in downtown. I decided to taste the chacteristic Cheesestake and it was definitely a success. Taste it if you can! ;)

After visiting the city - which I really loved! - we headed back to the car, ready to drive to Washington DC. And here we are, four miles from it. Our hotel is in Virginia, but tomorrow we'll go to downtown, of course. So many things to see, and...in the evening we'll start the very last huge challenge: The long drive to Miami!
It's supposed to take us about 16 hours, but we're pretty sure we'll spend more time due to stops and stuff like that. Our MegMobile (this is how we decided to rename our car haha!) will have a hard time!

I hope I'll manage to update the blog as soon as possible, but even if I won't manage to do it...I'll be back soon!
Let another adventure begin!

C.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento